Monday, December 6, 2021

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks - Week 49 "Homemade"

HOMEMADE BY GRANDMA AND GRANDPA

My maternal grandparents, Ella, nee Kolberg and Joseph Kijak, were loving grandparents whose memories I will carry with me forever.  They were also very talented in woodworking (grandpa) and craft work (grandma).  Here are some examples of their talents which I still have today and am proud to display in my home:

Homemade by my grandmother:

My christening slip and gown:


Christmas decorations:


Homemade Easter eggs:

Stuffed animals (two poodles and "Tony the Tiger"):


Baby clothes for me:



My Mickey Mouse stuffed animal which my grandmother made in varying fabrics for many of my cousins (it is stuffed with women's hosiery):


Homemade by my grandfather:

Doll furniture:





My mother's rocking chair:

Storage trunk which I still use today:

My grandparents were talented people and I know that they would be pleased to know that all the above items are in my home and are still displayed by me.

Copyright 2021, Cheryl J. Schulte

No comments: