Friday, January 1, 2021

A New Year - 2021

It has been over 4 years since I last posted on this blog.  Where have the years gone? Time seems to slip by faster since I retired, and while I always said that I would focus 100% on my genealogy after retirement, that isn't always possible.

Life does interfere with the best laid plans.  In these last 4 years I have had many "life" situations.  My mother, who had lived with me for 20 years, became ill and I cared for her during her final months.  During those 11 months we moved to a more appropriately situated home that would be suitable for her restrictions.  My career as a home based medical transcriptionist was slowing down with the advent of "Electronic Medical Records" and I contemplated retirement earlier than I had planned.  Life was hectic and stressful.  I lost my mother when she was 91 and a week later a very close friend also passed away from cancer.

As the months went by, retirement, budget planning, moving again to a smaller home and other stresses were evident.  It has taken some time to settle into a new life and a new home.

I have been considering getting back to blogging and have determined to put this into action starting today.  Even though I haven't been blogging in the last 4 years I have continued my research and have made some tremendous genealogical discoveries which will be excellent material for future blog posts.

I am sure by now I have lost all my followers (though I can always depend on my cousins, Roy Kolberg and TK Sand, to graciously follow my posts) though I'll have to write them to remind them of their obligation!!

Starting today I am going to take part in a genealogy challenge entitled "52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks".  Each week I will select an ancestor and write a post about him/her.  I may include a photo or two, a document or just a small bit of information about this ancestor.

I'm excited about starting this challenge.

Copyright 2021, Cheryl J. Schulte 

2 comments:

Dave Marks said...

Wonderful. You make all of this history come to life.

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Dave. I appreciate your support.