Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Diamond Anniversary

MY PARENT'S 75TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

Today would be my parent's 75th anniversary as they were married on June 15, 1946 in St. Joseph, Michigan.  Sadly they didn't even reach a 50th anniversary as my father passed away at a young age just a few months prior to what would have been their 50th.

However, they did celebrate their 25th in style as well as their 40th when they actually renewed their vows.

Today I am thinking of them and wishing both were still here.  They would be delighted to know that they have 3 great-grandsons, born to their granddaughter (my brother's daughter).  In fact, the 3rd great-grandson was just born 2 days ago just missing being born on his great-grandparent's anniversary!

Here are some photos of my parents, Mylen and Eloris (Kijak) Schulte, over the years.

Their wedding June 15, 1946:


----------

June 17, 1954 at the 40th anniversary of my mother's parents in St. Joseph, Michigan:


----------

1980 Church Photo:


----------

1992 with grandchildren:


----------

1994 Church Photo, 2 years before my father passed away:


Memories!

Copyright 2021, Cheryl J. Schulte

No comments: