Monday, October 25, 2021

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks - Week 43 "Shock"

MY FIRST TIME "TRICK OR TREATING" 

The topic for this week's contribution to the "52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks" Challenge is "Shock".  I struggled with what to contribute on this topic and while looking through some old photographs of myself I happened upon two photos taken when I was three years old and having my first experience with "trick or treating".  

Now true enough this was 70 years ago (oh, my goodness), I certainly don't remember this day and I have no idea what my costume was supposed to be but evidently I was having a good time.

The quality of the photos is definitely lacking in clarity and I can see that my mother at one time taped some tears with scotch tape but it was a Halloween view and while I am sure I didn't shock anyone with my costume - it wasn't something intended to scare - it is appropriate for a post just prior to Halloween, 2021.

Here I am at Halloween in 1951:



I don't know where this photo was taken.  It was probably my home with my parents or could have been at my paternal grandparent's home, both in Detroit.  I do see a baby photo of myself in a frame on a piece of furniture in the background.  In the second photo I also see a very early television.  It appears that I have a box of caramel corn in my hands and I do remember loving that snack when I was a child.

In any event Happy Halloween 1951!

Copyright 2021, Cheryl J. Schulte

2 comments:

Barb LaFara said...

You certainly appear to be enjoying the caramel corn! Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Barb, for your comments.