Monday, November 29, 2021

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks - Week 48 "Strength"

HUMOROUS STRENGTH

Here I am already on Week 48 of the "52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks" challenge.  I can't believe that I have stuck with this challenge week after week but I am glad that I have.  It has been enjoyable reaching into my memories for topics for weekly posts.  Today I have a brief and humorous post depicting the topic of "Strength".

One of my ancestors that I have blogged about quite a few times is my paternal uncle Melbourne Schulte.  I had a close and loving relationship with him and he was my godfather as well.  I had him a long time; he was 92 when he passed away in 2013.  I will never forget him and the love that he showed me.

My uncle was also a very humorous man and the following photo shows that humor and strength:


The above is a photo of my Uncle Mel picking up HIS uncle, George Wellhausen, Sr.  This picture was taken in my parent's back yard on Dwight in East Detroit, Michigan.  I don't recall what the occasion was or why my uncle decided to pick up his uncle but it is true representation of his humor and his strength.

If he could see this now I know that he would be pleased that I have these memories of him and he would get a good laugh out of the picture.

Copyright 2021, Cheryl J. Schulte

No comments: